"Wall: The walls guarding the land approaches to Constantinople withstood intermittent assault over a period of a thousand years."
"Gate: The portcullis, a common type of gate, was a heavy metal grid raised by a winch. The narrow passage beyond kept breaching troops vulnerable to attack."
- Build walls to block enemy access to your castle. Walls are hard to knock down without siege weapons, so set up towers to fortify and defend them.
- Gates allow roads to pass through walls keeping trade routes connected. When a road is on either side of a wall piece, it can be converted into a gate. Increase your wealth by building roads while protecting the castle with gates.
- Walls protect your castle from rushes with foot soldiers and mounted units. They are built and upgraded instantly, but a free worker is needed. They can manned by troops.
- High health.
- Protects inside of castle.
- Vulnerable to siege weapons
- Place walls around your castle, specifically near important buildings.
- Have gates at higher level than the rest of the walls, as they are extra vulnerable to rams.
Tapping this icon changes the gate to a wall.
Tapping this icon changes the wall to a gate.
|Economy||Farm • Silo • Mill • Lumberyard • Quarry • Storehouse • Cathedral • Road|
|Fortification||Archer Tower • Crossbow Tower • Ballista Tower • Flame Tower • Musket Tower • Catapult Emplacement • Trebuchet Emplacement • Watch Signal • Guard House • Patrol Point • Caltrops • Engineer Trap • Fire Trap • Wall|
|Military||Army Camp • Barracks • Cultural Barracks • Stable • Hall of Heroes • Embassy • Archery Range • Siege Workshop • University|
|Other Buildings||Keep • Honor|