"As combat became more static and defensive, specialized tools for bypassing defensive fortifications were invented and deployed."
- Ladder invaders can circumvent enemy walls. They have a damage bonus against catapult and trebuchet emplacements. Use them to eliminate these threats to your army.
- Ladder Invaders (also called Laddermen) are basic melee soldiers, unlocked from the Level 3 Barracks.
- Ladder Invaders are the only unit able to circumvent walls without the use of siege towers.
- Ladder Invaders swiftly destroy emplacements, which can't attack soldiers adjacent to them.
- Fast unit
- Bonus damage against emplacements
- Climb over walls
- Defensive structures that can fire at close range, such as a Crossbow Tower, are strong against Laddermen.
- The Ballista Tower's and Trebuchet Emplacement's high damage is very dangerous to Ladder Invaders.
- Ladder Invaders suffer against other foot soldiers.
- Best when towers are distracted and they have a clear route for emplacement.
- Check and clear all possible fire traps before deploying whole bunch of ladder invader -- they may not follow the intended path even though the walls have been broken. They may choose to go the other way outside the castle and climb over walls to attack emplacements, which open themselves to the risk of getting burnt by the fire traps.
- Preferably use with Richard the Lionheart to speed them up together with the damage bonus. This helps to reduce the chance for the ladder invaders to get killed without accomplishing much mission.
- Deploy ladder invaders from somewhere far away from flame tower so that they won't die so fast. There has to be some emplacements not guarded by flame tower, so you could deploy your ladder invaders from there.
- Do not always deploy ladder invaders on castles with open layout, namely castle layout with no internal walls, as they can easily rush to the emplacements guarded by flame towers (if there are Flame Towers). In addition to this, castles with open layout usually have fire traps inside. This type of castle design is not suitable for ladder invaders. This may not always be the case; test out the open areas with one team first.
- They can be used to set off fire traps.
- Do not deploy them to take down emplacements if towers are placed in clusters around them, they will be wiped out trying to reach their target.
- Ladder Invaders CANNOT be used in defense.
|Level||Health||Attack||DPS||Training Cost||Training Time||Upgrade Cost||Upgrade Time||Barracks Level Required|